It’s Nappie Time.
From June 2 – June 29, 2016, we will list up to the Top Six finalists in each category and readers will have a chance to vote for all their favorites among those both online and in print. Finalists were determined by readers who voted in the Nomination Period (April 21-May 18).
Online voting in the FINALS will begin at MIDNIGHT on June 2 and run through midnight on June 29. Paper ballots must be postmarked by June 29 and mailed to P.O. Box 3003 Mobile, AL 36652. You may drop ballots off at the Lagniappe office located at 1100B Dauphin St. Mobile, AL 36604. But you must do so before NOON on June 29, 2016.
If you are putting out paper ballots for your customers to vote for you, DO NOT TAKE a bunch of extra papers from our distribution boxes. Please just make photocopies of the ballots. As long as the photocopy has a handwritten or circled answer, we will accept that. You only have to turn in the page your business is on. Please see more information on this in the official rules below.
Winners will be announced in the July 21 issue of Lagniappe and recognized at the Nappie Awards Ceremony on Friday, July 22 at the Saenger Theatre.
Happy Voting! #NAPPIES2016
- On the online ballot, you must register to be able to vote. But don’t worry, it only takes a second and we’re not trying to get all NSA on you.
- On the online ballot, you may vote once per hour. The direct link to the ballot is www.votenappies2016.com.
- There is no minimum amount of categories you have to vote in for your vote to count. In other words, if you just want to vote for your favorite hoo-ha doctor every hour on the hour, and all of your votes will count, even though that’s kind of creepy.
- On the print ballot, photocopies of the official ballot will be accepted as long as the choices are clearly handwritten on each individual photocopied ballot. You do not have to photocopy the entire ballot. You may photocopy just the page of the ballot your company’s category is on. Those who are caught stealing multiple issues for ballots will be disqualified. (Not trying to be ugly, but folks who want to actually READ the paper need to be able to get one too! Stop cleaning our boxes out for ballots, people!) Businesses, please make your own photocopied ballots for your customers to fill out or encourage online voting at www.votenappies2016.com.
- You will be able to vote online until midnight on each of the deadline days. Print ballots can be mailed to Nappie Awards P.O. Box 3003 Mobile, AL 36652. As long as they are postmarked by the deadline days (May 18 for the nomination period and June 29 for the finals), they will be counted.
- You may also drop print ballots/photocopied ballots off at our office located at 1100B Dauphin St. Mobile, AL 36604 during normal business hours, (M-F 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.) by the respective deadlines. Click Here For The Finals!